වික්ෂනරි:කෝපි කඩේ

මාතෘකාවක් එක්කරන්න
Wiktionary වෙතින්

වික්ෂණරිය > සාකච්ඡා මණ්ඩප > කෝපි කඩේ


ඔබ පැමිණ සිටින්නේ කෝපි කඩේ වෙතටයි!


මේ වික්ෂනරි හා සම්බන්ඳ තාක්ෂණික ගැටලු, ප්‍රතිපත්ති හා ක්‍රියාකාරකම් ගැන සාකච්ඡා කිරීමට භාවිතා වන ස්ථානයයි. ඔබට වික්ෂණරිය පිළිබඳ ඕනෑම ආකාරයේ පැණයක් ඇත්නම්—විශේෂයෙන් ම එය ප්‍රතිපත්ති, යෝජනා හෝ සැමට බලපාන ආකාරයේ වෙනස් කිරීමක් පිළිබඳව නම්—එම පැණය මෙම ලැයිස්තුවේ පහතින් එක් කර (නව සාකච්ඡාවක් අරම්භ කරන්න මත ක්ලික් කරන්න), අප සැවොම එක්වී විසඳා ගැනීමට බලමු.


« පැරණි සාකච්ඡා | ලේඛනාගාරය: 1



නව පරිපාලක ඡන්ද විමසීමක්[සංස්කරණය]

නව පරිපාලක ඡන්ද විමසීමක් ක්‍රියාත්මක වේ. කරුණාකර ඔබේ මතය දක්වන්න.

2022-07-31 23:59 UTC, ඡන්ද විමසීම අවසන් වනබව සලකන්න. . --Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 13:08, 26 ජූලි 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply
කිසිම ඡන්දයක් ප්‍රකාශයට පත් නොවී ඡන්ද විමසීම අවසන් විය. -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 13:15, 16 නොවැම්බර් 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

Vote for Election Compass Statements[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi all,

Volunteers in the 2022 Board of Trustees election are invited to vote for statements to use in the Election Compass. You can vote for the statements you would like to see included in the Election Compass on Meta-wiki.

An Election Compass is a tool to help voters select the candidates that best align with their beliefs and views. The community members will propose statements for the candidates to answer using a Lickert scale (agree/neutral/disagree). The candidates’ answers to the statements will be loaded into the Election Compass tool. Voters will use the tool by entering in their answer to the statements (agree/disagree/neutral). The results will show the candidates that best align with the voter’s beliefs and views.

Here is the timeline for the Election Compass:

  • July 8 - 20: Volunteers propose statements for the Election Compass
  • July 21 - 22: Elections Committee reviews statements for clarity and removes off-topic statements
  • July 23 - August 1: Volunteers vote on the statements
  • August 2 - 4: Elections Committee selects the top 15 statements
  • August 5 - 12: candidates align themselves with the statements
  • August 15: The Election Compass opens for voters to use to help guide their voting decision

The Elections Committee will select the top 15 statements at the beginning of August

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 21:01, 27 ජූලි 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

The 2022 Board of Trustees election Community Voting period is now open[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi everyone,

The Community Voting period for the 2022 Board of Trustees election is now open. Here are some helpful links to get you the information you need to vote:

If you are ready to vote, you may go to SecurePoll voting page to vote now. You may vote from August 23 at 00:00 UTC to September 6 at 23:59 UTC. To see about your voter eligibility, please visit the voter eligibility page.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF)

ඉහත පණිවිඩය ඊයේ ලැබුණ එකකි. ලේඛන සංරක්ෂණය පහසු කිරීම සඳහා මෙම සටහන තබන ලදී.--Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 11:31, 26 අගෝස්තු 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

Invitation to join the Movement Strategy Forum[සංස්කරණය]

Hello everyone,

The Movement Strategy Forum (MS Forum) is a multilingual collaborative space for all conversations about Movement Strategy implementation.

We are inviting all Movement participants to collaborate on the MS Forum. The goal of the forum is to build community collaboration, using an inclusive multilingual platform.

The Movement Strategy is a collaborative effort to imagine and build the future of the Wikimedia Movement. Anyone can contribute to the Movement Strategy, from a comment to a full-time project.

Join this forum with your Wikimedia account, engage in conversations, and ask questions in your language.

The Movement Strategy and Governance team (MSG) launched the proposal for the MS Forum in May 2022. There was a 2-month community review period, which ended on 24 July 2022. The community review process included several questions that resulted in interesting conversations. You can read the Community Review Report.

We look forward to seeing you at the MS Forum!

Best regards,

the Movement Strategy and Governance Team

User:MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 11:32, 29 අගෝස්තු 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks?[සංස්කරණය]

The slides for our presentation at Wikimania 2022

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

We have been working on it for the past three years. So far, it has been the default on more than 30 wikis, including sister projects, all accounting for more than 1 billion pageviews per month. On average 87% of active logged-in users of those wikis use Vector 2022.

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skins. No changes are expected for users of these skins.

About the skin[සංස්කරණය]

[Why is a change necessary] The current default skin meets the needs of the readers and editors as these were 13 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using Wikimedia projects. The old Vector doesn't meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the new skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It draws inspiration from previous requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. We reduced PHP code in Wikimedia deployed skins by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes and test results] The skin introduces a series of changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jumped to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the wikis we tested on.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Try it out] Try out the new skin by going to the appearance tab in your preferences and selecting Vector 2022 from the list of skins.

How can editors change and customize this skin?[සංස්කරණය]

It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out our repository for a list of currently available customizations, or add your own.

Our plan[සංස්කරණය]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying in the week of October 3, 2022. If your community would like to request more time to discuss the changes, hit the button and write to us. We can adjust the calendar.

If you'd like ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please ping me here or write on the talk page of the project. We will gladly answer! Also, see our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 04:15, 22 සැප්තැම්බර් 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

ක්‍රියාකාරී බව[සංස්කරණය]

කවුරුවත් මේ පැත්තේ දැන් ක්‍රියාකාරී නැද්ද? Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 15:25, 30 ඔක්තෝබර් 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

මේ පැත්තේ ආවොත් මෙතැන මොනවා හරි ලියලා යන්න. -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 04:21, 12 මාර්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply
ඉඳලා හිටලා නම් එක්කෙනෙක් දෙන්නෙක් එනවා නේද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 08:38, 15 මැයි 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

Invitation to attend “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” Sessions[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello all,

During the 2022 Wikimedia Summit, the Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) presented the first outline of the Movement Charter, giving a glimpse on the direction of its future work, and the Charter itself. The MCDC then integrated the initial feedback collected during the Summit. Before proceeding with writing the Charter for the whole Movement, the MCDC wants to interact with community members and gather feedback on the drafts of the three sections: Preamble, Values & Principles, and Roles & Responsibilities (intentions statement). The Movement Charter drafts will be available on the Meta page here on November 14, 2022. Community wide consultation period on MC will take place from November 20 to December 18, 2022. Learn more about it here.

With the goal of ensuring that people are well informed to fully participate in the conversations and are empowered to contribute their perspective on the Movement Charter, three “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter" sessions have been scheduled in different time zones. Everyone in the Wikimedia Movement is invited to attend these conversations. The aim is to learn about Movement Charter - its goal, purpose, why it matters, and how it impacts your community. MCDC members will attend these sessions to answer your questions and hear community feedback.

The “Ask Me Anything” sessions accommodate communities from different time zones. Only the presentation of the session is recorded and shared afterwards, no recording of conversations. Below is the list of planned events:

  • Asia/Pacific: November 4, 2022 at 09:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Chinese and Japanese.
  • Europe/MENA/Sub Saharan Africa: November 12, 2022 at 15:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Arabic, French and Russian.
  • North and South America/ Western Europe: November 12, 2022 at 15:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Spanish and Portuguese.

On the Meta page you will find more details; Zoom links will be shared 48 hours ahead of the call.

Call for Movement Charter Ambassadors

Individuals or groups from all communities who wish to help include and start conversations in their communities on the Movement Charter are encouraged to become Movement Charter Ambassadors (MC Ambassadors). MC Ambassadors will carry out their own activities and get financial support for enabling conversations in their own languages. Regional facilitators from the Movement Strategy and Governance team are available to support applicants with MC Ambassadors grantmaking. If you are interested please sign up here. Should you have specific questions, please reach out to the MSG team via email: strategy2030@wikimedia.org or on the MS forum.

We thank you for your time and participation.

On behalf of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee,

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 15:33, 7 නොවැම්බර් 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

Apply for Funding through the Movement Strategy Community Engagement Package to Support Your Community[සංස්කරණය]

The Wikimedia Movement Strategy implementation is a collaborative effort for all Wikimedians. Movement Strategy Implementation Grants support projects that take the current state of a Movement Strategy Initiative and push it one step forward. If you are looking for an example or some guide on how to engage your community further on Movement Strategy and the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants specifically, you may find this community engagement package helpful.

The goal of this community engagement package is to support more people to access the funding they might need for the implementation work. By becoming a recipient of this grant, you will be able to support other community members to develop further grant applications that fit with your local contexts to benefit your own communities. With this package, the hope is to break down language barriers and to ensure community members have needed information on Movement Strategy to connect with each other. Movement Strategy is a two-way exchange, we can always learn more from the experiences and knowledge of Wikimedians everywhere. We can train and support our peers by using this package, so more people can make use of this great funding opportunity.

If this information interests you or if you have any further thoughts or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us as your regional facilitators to discuss further. We will be more than happy to support you. When you are ready, follow the steps on this page to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.

Best regards,
Movement Strategy and Governance Team
Wikimedia Foundation

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 16:26, 14 නොවැම්බර් 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

Opportunities open for the Ombuds commission and the Case Review Committee[සංස්කරණය]

Hi everyone! The Ombuds commission (OC) and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for members. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to do so. There is more information below about the opportunity and the skills that are needed.

About the Ombuds commission

The Ombuds commission (OC) works on all Wikimedia projects to investigate complaints about violations of the privacy policy, especially in use of CheckUser and Oversight (also known as Suppression) tools. The Commission mediates between the parties of the investigation and, when violations of the policies are identified, advises the Wikimedia Foundation on best handling. They may also assist the General Counsel, the Chief Executive Officer, or the Board of Trustees of the Foundation in these investigations when legally necessary. For more on the OC's duties and roles, see Ombuds commission on Meta-Wiki.

Volunteers serving in this role should be experienced Wikimedians, active on any project, who have previously used the CheckUser/Oversight tools OR who have the technical ability to understand these tools and the willingness to learn them. They must be able to communicate in English, the common language of the commission. They are expected to be able to engage neutrally in investigating these concerns and to know when to recuse when other roles and relationships may cause conflict. Commissioners will serve two-year terms (note that this is different from past years, when the terms have been for one year).

About the Case Review Committee

The Case Review Committee (CRC) reviews appeals of eligible Trust & Safety office actions. The CRC is a critical layer of oversight to ensure that Wikimedia Foundation office actions are fair and unbiased. They also make sure the Wikimedia Foundation doesn’t overstep established practices or boundaries. For more about the role, see Case Review Committee on Meta-Wiki.

We are looking for current or former functionaries and experienced volunteers with an interest in joining this group. Applicants must be fluent in English (additional languages are a strong plus) and willing to abide by the terms of the Committee charter. If the work resonates and you qualify, please apply. Committee members will serve two-year terms (note that this is different from past years, when the terms have been for one year).

Applying to join either of these groups

Members are required to sign the Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information and must be willing to comply with the appropriate Wikimedia Foundation board policies (such as the access to non-public information policy and the Foundation privacy policy). These positions requires a high degree of discretion and trust. Members must also be over 18 years of age.

If you are interested in serving in either capacity listed above, please write in English to the Trust and Safety team at ca(_AT_)wikimedia.org (to apply to the OC) or to the Legal Team at legal(_AT_)wikimedia.org (to apply to the CRC) with information about:

  • Your primary projects
  • Languages you speak/write
  • Any experience you have serving on committees, whether movement or non-movement
  • Your thoughts on what you could bring to the OC or CRC if appointed
  • Any experience you have with the Checkuser or Oversight tools (OC only)
  • Any other information you think is relevant

The deadline for applications is 31 December 2022 in any timezone.

Please feel free to pass this invitation along to any users who you think may be qualified and interested. Thank you!

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

සංවාදය සංරක්ෂණය සඳහා මෙම සටහන තබන ලදී. --Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 09:48, 6 දෙසැම්බර් 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

Community Wishlist Survey 2023 opens in January[සංස්කරණය]

Please help translate to your language

(There is a translatable version of this message on MetaWiki)

Hello

The Community Wishlist Survey (CWS) 2023, which lets contributors propose and vote for tools and improvements, starts next month on Monday, 23 January 2023, at 18:00 UTC and will continue annually.

We are inviting you to share your ideas for technical improvements to our tools and platforms. Long experience in editing or technical skills is not required. If you have ever used our software and thought of an idea to improve it, this is the place to come share those ideas!

The dates for the phases of the Survey will be as follows:

  • Phase 1: Submit, discuss, and revise proposals – Monday, Jan 23, 2023 to Sunday, Feb 6, 2023
  • Phase 2: WMF/Community Tech reviews and organizes proposals – Monday, Jan 30, 2023 to Friday, Feb 10, 2023
  • Phase 3: Vote on proposals – Friday, Feb 10, 2023 to Friday, Feb 24, 2023
  • Phase 4: Results posted – Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023

If you want to start writing out your ideas ahead of the Survey, you can start thinking about your proposals and draft them in the CWS sandbox.

We are grateful to all who participated last year. See you in January 2023!

Thank you! Community Tech, STei (WMF) 16:44, 15 දෙසැම්බර් 2022 (යූටීසී)Reply

lemma[සංස්කරණය]

lemma කියන ඉංග්‍රීසි වචනයට ගැලපෙන සිංහල වචනයක් තියෙනවා ද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 08:27, 25 ජනවාරි 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

ප්‍රකෘතිය වාගේ වචනයක් අපිට භාවිත කළ හැකි ද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 08:32, 25 ජනවාරි 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply
දැනට මෙම ව්‍යාපෘතිය තුළ මේ සඳහා භාවිතා වන්නේ පාඨ යන්නයි. -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 04:20, 12 මාර්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

script, letters සහ characters[සංස්කරණය]

ඉංග්‍රීසි භාෂාවේ භාවිතාවන මෙම වචන සඳහා අපට ගැලපෙන වචන තිබේද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 03:21, 28 ජනවාරි 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

දැනට අප සතුව අකුරු, අක්ෂර, අක්ෂරමාලා සහ අක්ශර ක්‍රම වැනි වචන පවතින මුත් ඒවා මේ සියල්ල සඳහා මාරුවෙන් මාරුවට භාවිතා වෙනවා නේද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 03:24, 28 ජනවාරි 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply
දැනට මෙම ව්‍යාපෘතිය තුළ භාවිතා වන්නේ පහත ආකාරයෙන්ය:
  • script = අක්ෂරක්‍රමය
  • letters = අකුරු
  • characters = අනුලක්ෂණ
වඩා හොඳ යෝජනා තිබේ නම් ඉදිරිපත් කරන්න. -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 04:19, 12 මාර්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

Your wiki will be in read only soon[සංස්කරණය]

Trizek (WMF) (සාකච්ඡාව) 21:21, 27 පෙබරවාරි 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

උපග්‍රන්ථය නාමාවකාශය[සංස්කරණය]

කාට හරි පුළුවන් ද "උපග්‍රන්ථය" නාමාවකාශය මේ ව්‍යාපෘතිය සඳහා සක්‍රීය කිරීමට උදව් කිරීමට? (ඉංග්‍රීසි ව්‍යාපෘතියේ "Appendix" නාමාවකාශයට සමාන ආකාරයට) -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 04:24, 12 මාර්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

මෙම ගැටළුව තාම විසඳී නොමැත. -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 14:58, 23 අගෝස්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions[සංස්කරණය]

Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at wikimania@wikimedia.org or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.

Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process[සංස්කරණය]

Hello,

As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:

  • Community members in good standing
  • Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
  • Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
  • Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
  • Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
  • Confidently able to communicate in English

The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.

The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.

Best regards,

Xeno (WMF) 19:01, 26 අප්‍රේල් 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

Term යන්න සඳහා සිංහල වචනය[සංස්කරණය]

ඉංග්‍රීසි ව්‍යාපෘතියෙන් මෙහි ගෙන ආ ප්‍රවර්ග නාම වල දී "term" සඳහා සමහර තැන්වල දී "පද" යන වචනයත් තවත් තැනක "යෙදුම" යන වචනයත් භාවිතා වේ. ඒ දෙකටම වඩා හොඳ වචනයක් නැද්ද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 08:37, 15 මැයි 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

Selection of the U4C Building Committee[සංස්කරණය]

The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.

-- UCoC Project Team, 04:21, 27 මැයි 2023 (යූටීසී)

Announcing the new Elections Committee members[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello there,

We are glad to announce the new members and advisors of the Elections Committee. The Elections Committee assists with the design and implementation of the process to select Community- and Affiliate-Selected trustees for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. After an open nomination process, the strongest candidates spoke with the Board and four candidates were asked to join the Elections Committee. Four other candidates were asked to participate as advisors.

Thank you to all the community members who submitted their names for consideration. We look forward to working with the Elections Committee in the near future.

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees,

RamzyM (WMF) 18:00, 28 ජූනි 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

භාෂාවන් හැඳින්වීමේ දී භාවිතා වන Ancient, Old පද සඳහා ගැලපෙන වදන්[සංස්කරණය]

උදාහරණ ලෙස Ancient Greek‏‎ සහ Old Japanese‏‎ වැනි යෙදුම් සිංහලට ගැනීමට සුදුසු යැයි යෝජනාවන්නේ කෙබඳු යෙදුම් ද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 05:47, 13 අගෝස්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

මම සරලව,
  1. පැරණි
  2. පුරාණ
  3. ඓතිහාසික
වැනි පදයක් ගැලපේ යැය සිතමි.
(මගේ මතය ප්‍රයෝජනවත් වේදැයි මට විශ්වාසක් නැත. මම සාමාන්‍යයෙන් පරිවර්තන සිදු කිරීමේදි ඒවා සරලව සිදුකිරීමට කැමතියි.) -- IC9999 (සාකච්ඡාව) 18:53, 20 අගෝස්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply
සරල බවට නම් මාත් කැමතියි. හැබැයි පැහැදිලි එකඟතාවයක් තියෙන යෙදුමක් තියෙනවා නම් තාක්ෂණික පැත්තෙනුත් සරලව කරන්න පුළුවන්. -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 03:15, 21 අගෝස්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply
ඉංග්‍රීසි ව්‍යාපෘතියේ Ancient සහ Old යන පද දෙක පැහැදිලි ලෙස වෙනස් අරුත්වලින් භාවිතාවෙනවා නේද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 03:00, 24 අගෝස්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

ඉංග්‍රීසි ව්‍යාපෘතියේ යොමු තුළ ඇති Conjugation නම් වන කොටස[සංස්කරණය]

පිටක ඩොට් එල් කේ වෙබ් අඩවියේ, "ක්‍රියා විභාගය VERBS AND THEIR CONJUGATION" නමින් පිටුවක් පවතියි. ඒ අනුව යමින් "en:போ#Conjugation" නම් වන කොටස මෙම ව්‍යාපෘතියේ "போ#ක්‍රියා_විභාගය" ලෙස හඳුන්වන ලදී. එකඟ විය හැකිද? එසේත් නැත්නම් වඩා හොඳ යෙදුමක් තිබේ ද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 05:34, 24 අගෝස්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[සංස්කරණය]

Hello all,

I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.

The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.

Join the conversation during the conversation hours or on Meta-wiki.

Best,

RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 15:36, 28 අගෝස්තු 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

Translingual සිංහලට[සංස්කරණය]

"translingual" සඳහා සිංහල වචනයක් තිබෙනවා ද? -- Lee (සාකච්ඡාව) 10:03, 3 ඔක්තෝබර් 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

== Opportunities open for the Affiliations Committee, Ombuds commission, and the Case Review Committee ==[සංස්කරණය]

Hi everyone! The Affiliations Committee (AffCom), Ombuds commission (OC), and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for new members. These volunteer groups provide important structural and oversight support for the community and movement. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to apply. There is more information about the roles of the groups, the skills needed, and the opportunity to apply on the Meta-wiki page.

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

Review and comment on the 2024 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

Please review and comment on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package from now until 29 October 2023. The selection rules package was based on older versions by the Elections Committee and will be used in the 2024 Board of Trustees selection. Providing your comments now will help them provide a smoother, better Board selection process. More on the Meta-wiki page.

Best,

Katie Chan
Chair of the Elections Committee

01:13, 17 ඔක්තෝබර් 2023 (යූටීසී)

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in three weeks?[සංස්කරණය]

Read this in your languagePlease help translate to your language • Please tell other users about these changes

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

Global preferences

If you prefer keeping the current skin select "Vector legacy (2010)" on the appearance tab of the global preferences and save the change. We encourage you to give the new skin a try, though.

Since I last came to you with this question, many things have changed. The skin is now the default on most Wikipedias, and all logos are done! We have also made some tweaks in the skin itself. Below is the text I've sent to you once, but I'm sending it again, just slightly edited, for those who haven't seen it.

If you know what this is about, jump straight to the section "Our plan":

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy as a local (but not global) preference. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skin. No changes are expected for these skins.

About the skin[සංස්කරණය]

Slides to our Wikimania 2022 presentation. You may also listen to the recording on YouTube (in English).

[Why is a change necessary] When the current default skin was created, it reflected the needs of the readers and editors as these were 14 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using the Internet and Wikimedia projects in different ways. The old Vector does not meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the Vector 2022 skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It introduces a series of changes that aim to improve problems new and existing readers and editors were having with the old skin. It draws inspiration from previous user requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. The PHP code in the other available skins has been reduced by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes in a nutshell] The skin introduces changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The limited width and pin-able menus allow to adjust the interface to the screen size, and focus on editing or reading. Logged-in and logged-out users may use a toggle button to keep the full width, though.
  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jump to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the tested wikis.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Customize this skin] It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out the repository for a list of currently available customizations and changes, or add your own.

Our plan[සංස්කරණය]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying on 14 November. If you'd like to ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please comment in any language. If this is the first comment to my message, make sure to ping me. We will gladly answer! Also, check out our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (කතාබහ) 01:09, 26 ඔක්තෝබර් 2023 (යූටීසී)Reply

Vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to announce that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter is now open. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll now through 2 February 2024. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C Charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 18:09, 19 ජනවාරි 2024 (යූටීසී)Reply

Last days to vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to remind you that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) charter will close on 2 February 2024. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 17:01, 31 ජනවාරි 2024 (යූටීසී)Reply

Announcing the results of the UCoC Coordinating Committee Charter ratification vote[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear all,

Thank you everyone for following the progress of the Universal Code of Conduct. I am writing to you today to announce the outcome of the ratification vote on the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee Charter. 1746 contributors voted in this ratification vote with 1249 voters supporting the Charter and 420 voters not. The ratification vote process allowed for voters to provide comments about the Charter.

A report of voting statistics and a summary of voter comments will be published on Meta-wiki in the coming weeks.

Please look forward to hearing about the next steps soon.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 18:24, 12 පෙබරවාරි 2024 (යූටීසී)Reply

Report of the U4C Charter ratification and U4C Call for Candidates now available[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hello all,

I am writing to you today with two important pieces of information. First, the report of the comments from the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter ratification is now available. Secondly, the call for candidates for the U4C is open now through April 1, 2024.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members are invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Per the charter, there are 16 seats on the U4C: eight community-at-large seats and eight regional seats to ensure the U4C represents the diversity of the movement.

Read more and submit your application on Meta-wiki.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 16:26, 5 මාර්තු 2024 (යූටීසී)Reply

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees 2024 Selection[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

This year, the term of 4 (four) Community- and Affiliate-selected Trustees on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees will come to an end [1]. The Board invites the whole movement to participate in this year’s selection process and vote to fill those seats.

The Elections Committee will oversee this process with support from Foundation staff [2]. The Board Governance Committee created a Board Selection Working Group from Trustees who cannot be candidates in the 2024 community- and affiliate-selected trustee selection process composed of Dariusz Jemielniak, Nataliia Tymkiv, Esra'a Al Shafei, Kathy Collins, and Shani Evenstein Sigalov [3]. The group is tasked with providing Board oversight for the 2024 trustee selection process, and for keeping the Board informed. More details on the roles of the Elections Committee, Board, and staff are here [4].

Here are the key planned dates:

  • May 2024: Call for candidates and call for questions
  • June 2024: Affiliates vote to shortlist 12 candidates (no shortlisting if 15 or less candidates apply) [5]
  • June-August 2024: Campaign period
  • End of August / beginning of September 2024: Two-week community voting period
  • October–November 2024: Background check of selected candidates
  • Board's Meeting in December 2024: New trustees seated

Learn more about the 2024 selection process - including the detailed timeline, the candidacy process, the campaign rules, and the voter eligibility criteria - on this Meta-wiki page, and make your plan.

Election Volunteers

Another way to be involved with the 2024 selection process is to be an Election Volunteer. Election Volunteers are a bridge between the Elections Committee and their respective community. They help ensure their community is represented and mobilize them to vote. Learn more about the program and how to join on this Meta-wiki page.

Best regards,

Dariusz Jemielniak (Governance Committee Chair, Board Selection Working Group)

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2021/Results#Elected

[2] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Committee:Elections_Committee_Charter

[3] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Minutes:2023-08-15#Governance_Committee

[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_committee/Roles

[5] Even though the ideal number is 12 candidates for 4 open seats, the shortlisting process will be triggered if there are more than 15 candidates because the 1-3 candidates that are removed might feel ostracized and it would be a lot of work for affiliates to carry out the shortlisting process to only eliminate 1-3 candidates from the candidate list.

MPossoupe_(WMF)19:58, 12 මාර්තු 2024 (යූටීසී)Reply

Vote now to select members of the first U4C[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear all,

I am writing to you to let you know the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is open now through May 9, 2024. Read the information on the voting page on Meta-wiki to learn more about voting and voter eligibility.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members were invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Please share this message with members of your community so they can participate as well.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 20:21, 25 අප්‍රේල් 2024 (යූටීසී)Reply

Sign up for the language community meeting on May 31st, 16:00 UTC[සංස්කරණය]

Hello all,

The next language community meeting is scheduled in a few weeks - May 31st at 16:00 UTC. If you're interested, you can sign up on this wiki page.

This is a participant-driven meeting, where we share language-specific updates related to various projects, collectively discuss technical issues related to language wikis, and work together to find possible solutions. For example, in the last meeting, the topics included the machine translation service (MinT) and the languages and models it currently supports, localization efforts from the Kiwix team, and technical challenges with numerical sorting in files used on Bengali Wikisource.

Do you have any ideas for topics to share technical updates related to your project? Any problems that you would like to bring for discussion during the meeting? Do you need interpretation support from English to another language? Please reach out to me at ssethi(__AT__)wikimedia.org and add agenda items to the document here.

We look forward to your participation!

MediaWiki message delivery 21:23, 14 මැයි 2024 (යූටීසී)Reply

Feedback invited on Procedure for Sibling Project Lifecycle[සංස්කරණය]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear community members,

The Community Affairs Committee (CAC) of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees invites you to give feedback on a draft Procedure for Sibling Project Lifecycle. This draft Procedure outlines proposed steps and requirements for opening and closing Wikimedia Sibling Projects, and aims to ensure any newly approved projects are set up for success. This is separate from the procedures for opening or closing language versions of projects, which is handled by the Language Committee or closing projects policy.

You can find the details on this page, as well as the ways to give your feedback from today until the end of the day on June 23, 2024, anywhere on Earth.

You can also share information about this with the interested project communities you work with or support, and you can also help us translate the procedure into more languages, so people can join the discussions in their own language.

On behalf of the CAC,

RamzyM (WMF) 02:26, 22 මැයි 2024 (යූටීසී)Reply

"https://si.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=වික්ෂනරි:කෝපි_කඩේ&oldid=166442" වෙතින් සම්ප්‍රවේශනය කෙරිණි